Do-It-Yourself Clay Eraser Gem Ring Set
Want the most fashionable erasers at school? Look no further! The Do-It-Yourself Eraser Gem Ring Set allows you to design and assemble your own gem erasers and make them into rings. Thats right, you get to customize these erasers into wearable stationary. You'll never have to worry about being without an eraser again! This set includes three plastic ring bands, four colored clay pieces, a microwavable container, and a mold with six jewel designs.
In addition to the clay eraser set, you will also need: access to a microwave, water, a toothpick, and a paper towel (or cloth).
1) Start by kneading the eraser clay to soften it, then put it onto the desired mold. To easily remove the clay from the mold, slightly wet the mold before placing in the clay.
2 ) Once your clay has been molded into a shape, remove the excess clay from the mold using a toothpick and carefully remove your clay piece.
3) Put all of your pieces together and use the toothpick to meld the pieces onto each other. You will want to make sure the clay pieces are well together to ensure they will stay in one piece when heated up in the microwave.
4) Then, put your piece into the white container and fill up the container with one inch of water. Leave the lid open and heat the container (with your eraser inside the water) for: 3 minutes and 30 seconds if your microwave uses 600 watts/4 minutes if your microwave uses 500 watts. Do not heat up multiple erasers at once, it is best doing it one by one.
5) When finished, drain out the hot water from the container, fill it up again, and leave your eraser in there for 3 minutes.
6) Once your eraser has hardened, take the eraser piece from the container, gently wipe it off with a paper towel and let it dry. Your eraser creation is now ready for use!
------Credit to the talented CoolRiceBunnies for the pictures and video. We thank you!